Last Updated May 29, 2018
3. Other Information: As is the case with most websites, the Firm may collect certain technical information, including web browser, computer operating system, internet service provider, during your visit in order to conduct Firm business, improve user experience, or when you engage us to provide our legal or other services. The Firm may use this information to facilitate and track your use of the Website and its services to better understand the needs of our customers.
4. Cookies: The Website may collect certain information during your visit, including Internet Service Provider, browser type and version, operating system, IP Address, pages visited, time spent on each page, and similar statistics. This statistical information is used to enhance the user experience and improve the functionality and marketing of the Website. Certain technologies, including cookies, tags, and scripts may be used by the Website to obtain such information. A cookie is a small text file that a website can transmit to your computer when you visit a website. Most web browser settings permit users to set their preferences with respect to cookies, including the option to refuse to accept cookies, although doing so may affect website functionality or access to certain areas of the Website. The Firm may receive reports based on the use of these technologies on an individual, as well as aggregate, basis.
- Provide legal services and process financial transactions;
- Send you order confirmations;
- Respond to inquiries;
- Administer your account;
- Keep you informed of sales, discounts, and promotions;
- Investigate illegal activities;
- Improve customer service and user experience (e.g., via targeted advertising);
- Comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process.
6. Opting Out: If you would like to opt out of receiving email updates, advertisements, promotions, discounts, or newsletters from the Firm or any Firm services, please contact the Firm at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided on the bottom portion of any email sent to you.
7. Data Retention: The Firm will retain your information for as long as your information is required to provide you products or services, or as long as such information is required to comply with or fulfill our legal obligations. If you wish to remove or delete your account please email us at email@example.com.
8. Protection of Your Personal Information: The Firm is committed to protecting our customers’ personal information and avails itself of technical and other measures provided by our website and email hosts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, or use. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Website and you happen over a Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) data encryption protected with digital signatures. Although the Firm strives to protect all information provided to us, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure so we cannot guarantee your information’s absolute security.
11. Children and Minors: The Firm does not solicit or collect Personal Information from any person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, do not enter or otherwise provide any information on this Website or engage in any services (or purchase products) on the Website. If you believe your child under the age of 18 may have entered personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have the data removed.
12. Privacy Complaints: Users and customers in certain countries, including the European Economic Area and European Union (“EU”), have certain rights regarding their personal information. Subject to any exemptions provided for by law, users in these countries may request access to their information and may request that the Firm:
- Correct any mistakes in your information;
- Erase personal information upon your request;
- Refrain from using your information for direct marketing purposes upon your request;
- Update, delete (“right to be forgotten”), amend, or otherwise correct such information.